Tuesday, March 30, 2010

30 Day Shred - Day 8

"What a weird name for a blog," you say? It has to do with my affinity for weird band names- check out my first post (circa January 2007) to find out how MRF came to be.

Day 8 on the Shred went well. I'm surprised that I'm still not great at it yet. There are a couple of points during the cardio where I still have to take short breaks, and the first strength segment is a friggin bear. I have added in heavier weights in some places. (If you've done the workout, I'm still using three pounders for the anterior raises and don't expect that to change. Oy.)

Thumbs up for doing it at night instead of the morning. It is hectic to fit in (since Bryan and I are alternating workout and munchkin duty) but it is great to have more daytime energy.

I have developed a pet peeve about Jillian's motivational style. When she says, "don't even think about quitting on me now!" I always think, "Umm, I wasn't, but now that you MENTION IT..." I'm fairly susceptible to suggestion, see. If I see a hot cup of coffee on TV, suddenly I crave one. So here I am, minding my own business doing my little workout, then she starts describing exhaustion and knotted up muscles and I don't feel so well anymore. I plan to mute her today and crank the music to drown out my grunts and groans.

Let's see if I can find you a Jackson picture...

Look, Mommy! Daddy's home!




1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Hey, here's one I missed! I must not be paying attention. I'm so proud of you for hanging in there! I probably would have quit when I got sore. That is a darling picture of our Darling grandson!! I'm saving all of them!