Monday, March 29, 2010

30-Day Shred - Days 6 & 7

After Day Five's equipment failure, I substituted Bryan's ankle weights for my poor little dead handweights on Day Six.They were too big to wear on my wrists, so I tried holding them. Yikes. I wasted no time getting to Sports Authority to get these:

MUCH better.

Hallelujah, I'm not sore anymore! I'm starting to rethink my timing, though. Working out during Jackson's morning nap leaves me pretty shot the rest of the day. The one time I Shredded in the evening, I found it harder to get motivated, but I felt much much better during the day. Having a night's sleep between Shredding and daily activities REALLY helps. Especially when this is your daily activity:
I still haven't weighed in several days. I'm a little chicken, because I gain muscle fairly easily. That's a great ability - and I hope it continues for a few more years - but it's always played with my head when I'm trying to get in shape. I get so wrapped up in wanting that little number on the scale to go down. So, I'll give it a few more days.

Lately I find myself focused on the impending "Day 11." My original intention was to do each of the three levels for 10 days. If I do that, Thursday is the day to begin Level 2. I'm more than a little afraid to switch levels, but it's probably the best way to get continued results. It also might help keep the experience fresh.

Thanks again for the encouragement! Keep it coming! Some of you have expressed interest in doing this workout, so here's a great tip: If your cable or satellite service comes with an "On Demand" feature, you might have Fit TV. Fit TV has Level 1 available for FREE. Believe me, Level 1 isn't for wimps, and it will give you a chance to try it out before whipping out the old credit card!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Good Morning! It's good that you're not sore any more! That alone can keep you from doing the exercises. Glad that you got some new equipment....I never imagined the weights had those lead pellets in them! I admire your dedication! I can't seem to make myself walk to the road and back five times, (which is a mile).
Thanks for including a picture of Jackson!

Superfantastic said...

You're a better woman than I am. I've still never tried Level 2. I made it about two weeks doing Level 1 every day, then hurt my ankle and took a week or so off. I did it a few more times, but never got back to it regularly. I got the Power Sculpt video from the Biggest Loser people and I really like that. Something to consider for when you get sick of the Shred and want to do something different. You're supposed to use it alternating with the Cardio Blast or whatever it's called, but I'm running for my cardio. I did step up from 3 to 5 pound weights for it. Ouch.

Jennifer said...

I will be looking for something after the Shred, because I don't intend to do it for one day longer than 30 days. Especially if I don't get past Level 1. Ooh, I'm so afraid of Level 2. I can't decide if I should watch it first to find out what I'm getting into or just dive right in.