Friday, April 2, 2010

Shred Days 9,10 & 11

Day nine went fine - hey, that rhymed.

Unfortunately, Day 10 didn't happen. It was a crazy grocery shopping/ furniture shopping/ Jackson teething day that just didn't leave much room for the workout. So, you know what I did? I was totally kind to myself and didn't beat myself up about it! I just decided I'd done my best and that was that.

Yesterday was Day 11, and I did Level 2. To be honest I did 2/3 of Level 2, since that's when Jackson woke up screaming with his painful little teeth. He even had a tiny bit of a fever, but he's doing fine.

Level 2 is CRAZY. I did feel that Level 1 prepared me for it, to some extent. There's no way I could have started at Level 2. The moves themselves aren't at all complicated, they're just very full-body and high-impact. They seem a little military to me - nothing "dancy" about it, just packing a lot of intensity into 20 minutes. As yesterday proved, I need to get a good calorie burn as quickly as possible before the baby wakes up.

Hopefully today I'll get the whole Level 2 workout in, or at least all I can physically manage. While it's more challenging, it's really good to have new moves. Less boredom and more results are good things! I just have to stay motivated to do the work. Feel free to help me out with that if you want to, umm, you know, comment or anything.

It's finally Spring here! Check out one of my daffodil beds:

I'm so excited about my flowers. They are such a blessing after the long, icy winter. If the people who planted them were here, I'd hug them.

You didn't think I'd forgotten the Jackson photo, did you?

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Just when you think Jackson couldn't get any more handsome...he does just that!!

You are going to be SOOOO proud of yourself when you finish the Shred!

Love you!

jennifer said...

good for you for not beating yourself up.... isn't that the real secret to life? Try, make mistake, try again?

I am learning to not beat myself up for stuff too!