Friday, May 18, 2007

T Minus 1 Day

Thank you, commenters, for your support and well wishes. Your supportive notes mean a lot.

Being the over-thinker I was surely born to be, I'm trying to decide what I feel about Monday. Am I nervous? Sure. Excited? Effin' A, Cotton, Effin' A! (if you didn't get that, rent /download /TiVo Dodgeball.)

The cool thing is, in the midst of the madness, I know one thing for sure: I have to do this. Like, no joke, I have to. Thirteen years ago, sitting on a piano bench, I told my piano professor that I was dropping my music major. (If you've heard this story before, indulge me. It's kind of important.) She said, "Mark my words - you'll be back. Someday, you'll come back to music. There's just too much of it inside you."

Touché , Dr. Prewitt.

I said all that to say this: following my heart feels good. Picking up an instrument or two and singing every day feels good. I know all the arguments better than anyone... but refusing to give them voice is the best feeling of all.