Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm Singin' My Songs Off Of Any Old Stage

That's from a Carolyn Arends song called "Seize The Day" that you would have heard last night if you were at Wolfie's Waterfront Grill. I probably shouldn't gush about my first gig like an excited teenager on my blog. It's probably not very professional. But, what the hell. You only live once, right?
This is me having MAJOR fun last night!


These are some of the nice folks who showed up for moral support...

Johnathan Baer and Diego Ross (vanilla bear and chocolate bear, respectively) then Amber and Kathy, wrapping up with Tom and Charlie doing it like they do.

I had so much fun it's ridiculous. I can't remember how long it's been since I lived in the moment. Not looking ahead to anything, or remembering anything; I just kept looking around thinking, "now this is what I call a job!" To make it even better, I had the pleasure of meeting and trading business cards with the very nice Greg Anderson who books local entertainment. Yay!

Tuttle INSISTED I take a picture with her and my first musician-type paycheck. I mean, she just wouldn't let it go. (She's gonna be pissed that she turned out so dark. I'll have to photoshop that before she sees it and gives me a licking. Ha, get it? Licking. I kill me.)


Thanks so much to my super roadie/manager/husband for all the fabulous behind the scenes stuff. I'd totally post a picture of him, but he had the camera. See what I mean about all he did? Thanks to everyone for your encouragement. You all rock my socks off.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you - a PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN! (I had a fiction writing professor who used to give out $1 and $2 prizes for the best two stories because then he could say that he produced two professional authors each semester, apparently going on the theory that you're a pro once you've been paid. Which sounds cute, but he was a real jerk.) Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Ow ow owwww! Look at you, all sexy and musician-like! Congrats on the first of many gigs.

Anonymous said...

You really should have titled this one "First Gig IN the Books." Congratulations Baby Girl! How does it feel to be a Super Star? Tell Tuttle I feel her pain. I am glad you had a great experience. Any time you can do what you love and love what you do, the "old Man" is smiling down on you. Hey there's a country song in that somewhere. It's a good thing you got that old bad eye fixed huh? You really looked comfortable up there. But then again, who in my family Doesn't like to show out? Best of luck in the future.

Jennifer said...

Bubba, you know as well as I that all Pepper kids start singing in church at age 5. Hell, you were at the last family get together. It went like this: "hi, new step mom and brother and family... welcome...now sit quietly and listen to us jam." It's a good thing they like music.

Anonymous said...

To like music in our family is definitely a character trait, while to not like music is a character flaw. While singing in public is no great feat, to ENJOY it and get PAID for it is truly an awesome accomplishment. For that and I am both happy FOR you and proud OF you whether you like it or not.

Bryan said...

Dang Bubba you better say something sarcastic soon or I will think Petey and Skunk got a hold of the computer and wrote sweet nothings to Jenn...8-)

Anonymous said...

As a general rule B, sarcasm is one of my best features. However, once in a blue moon, I take a stab at being sincere just to keep the enemy off balance. Now you can see why it is only once in a ble moon. ;-)