Wednesday, May 16, 2007

First Gig - On The Books!

Wow, guys. It only took forever, but I've got my first official gig.

It's at Wolfies Waterfront Grill in Noblesville, IN on Morse Reservoir. If you got off your keister and clicked the link, scroll down to the photo of the lake view. If you took that picture about 24 degrees to the left this Monday night between 6:30 and 8:30, I'd be right there!

Obviously I'm pretty amped about all this, and have lots of prep work to do. Any of you who are in the Indy area are invited, nay - URGED to come. Let's show these people I can handle a Friday night. If you're not in the area I'm counting on your prayers, good vibes, positive thoughts, or whatever good stuff you'd send my way.

So, I found out about this booking and immediately left to see Brandi Carlile in concert. Holy Crap. I was consistently ten feet away from my hero. A couple of times, three feet. What an amazing talent!! As usual, I didn't have a camera so Bryan appealed to another camera weilding audience member to email us some shots. If she's a nice enough gal to grant the request of two strangers at a concert, I'll post them here with the appropriate credits.

Before I start putting together set lists, I have some unfinished business. In the heat of last nights events I missed the series finale of Gilmore Girls, which I've often called my favorite show in the world. Hopefully TiVo didn't let me down.

5 comments:

Bryan said...

Wooo hooo rock and roll girl.....I'll be there cheering...and probably carrying your equipment to the tour bus...err Saturn.

Anonymous said...

Wooooooo! Free Bird!

(I just had to. You know you love it.)

Anonymous said...

But I left a comment yesterday! Why has blogger eaten my comment? Anyway, it was just to say YAY! and also that I wish I could show up in person but I will have to settle for sending good Internety vibes.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a blast and that this is the first of many, many gigs!

Anonymous said...

Git er DUN! Go Baby Girl!. I wish you the best in your endeavors!