Saturday, October 13, 2007

All About The 80s

Tonight, we're headed to Al's 40th birthday party. It's an eighties-themed karaoke event.

When my office was looking for a Halloween costume theme, I cleverly steered the conversation toward the 80s. I mean, why go to Goodwill to find two costumes when you can wear one twice? My evil plan worked. Now I get to rehearse the costume tonight and scan the room for ideas for my coworkers. (Did I mention there's a prize for the location with the best costumes? No? You just thought I was a real joiner. Bah.)

I went to Goodwill and found an iridescent purple and teal wind suit, with neon yellow-green-pink graphics on it. Then, of course one of the most pivotal parts of any female's 80s outfit is the hair. Luckily, I have a dark gift: I can make hair as big as all outdoors if I've a mind to.

I'll have pictures for the next post, but for now tell me your top 10 80s trends. I may need to incorporate them into my second costume of the season. I'll call it, "80s Part Two: Electric Bougaloo."

No comments: