Thursday, June 7, 2007

Brought To You By SPF 30

Night before last I spoke again with Greg Anderson of the Anderson Beck Agency. Right now he's looking for a replacement for this singer. He said she was was mostly unavailable after leaving amicably for greener pastures.

From that link the job's prerequisites seem to include: vocal ability, high energy, low cut dresses, and shaking your groove thang. Two of those are no problem. I have the vocal ability, and with the right undergarments almost anyone can rock a low-cut dress. But, it would be a new experience for me singing with no instrument between me and the crowd. Heck, there's not even a handheld mic for a security blanket when you use that groovy little headset.

And shakin' my groove thang? Man, I don't know. I'm not too chicken to try, but I may require some social lubricant before the first attempt. HELLO, wine rack.

Also- and he said this very politely- they're looking for someone a little younger. He said that while the other artist is very beautiful and talented, and they will continue working with her whenever they can, she is forty. And, they would like to have someone they can take time to groom who will stick around for a while. He also mentioned that when he works with some of the younger artists he likes to meet their parents and make sure they know he's a legit guy with a permanent adress and all.

So, how old does this dude think I am? At some point I may have to break it to him that in eight short years I, too, will dare to turn forty. I don't really think there's a need to meet my Dad. But, if there was ever an endorsement for the daily use of sunscreen, that was it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's totally fine -- by the time you turn 40, you *might* look 25, so Greg and his concerns should be A-OK.