Saturday, March 10, 2007

Post-LASIK

I CAN FREAKING SEE!!! IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I'll calm down a bit lest you think I'm using all caps because I have to. The surgery went perfectly, and I had a good bit of vision yesterday, but this morning I rolled over and saw the alarm clock. Like - REALLY saw the alarm clock. No squinting or anything.

I had intralase (where they make the flap with another laser rather than a blade.) During my first post-op exam this morning, the doctor had trouble finding the incision with a light and a microscope...you can't see it at all with the naked eye. Not that you're interested in all the details, but I'm 20/25 in my right eye and 20/50 in the left. That's expected to improve over the next few days, and I'm already cleared to drive.

The experience: painless and quite fascinating. A little creepy, sure, but fascinating. Bryan even got to watch it on a video screen from another room.

The results: WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.

One of the Biblical descriptions of Jesus healing a "blind" man described the guy's vision by saying he saw "people as trees walking." I estimate that dude needed about a -10 prescription, because I always thought that was a great description of my vision. I certainly feel like a miracle right now. Thanks to everyone who prayed and/or sent good vibes my way. It worked.

Of course, now it's time to make my victorious Post-LASIK play list. So dust off your old mix tape skills and give me a hand. I only have three so far:

Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (forget the theories of what
it's really about and keep it simple, ok? I'm a girl, my eyes are brown,
and they FREAKING WORK for once.)

Johnny Nash- I Can See Clearly Now (the rain is gone)


Any more ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of these are going to be random and kinda silly since I'm sick and heavily medicated...

Any christian artist with a recording - Open The Eyes of My Heart

Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
Dream Theater - Through Her Eyes

Blindside - You Must Be Bleeding Under Your Eyelids
Social Distortion - Through These Eyes

Anything by Ray Charles
Anything by Stevie Wonder

Anonymous said...

Seriously, congratulations gurl. Glad it worked.

Anonymous said...

I Sooooo happy for you. I have often wondered if it would be worth the hassle for me. I know we were (notice I said WERE) comparably blind, and I am totally stoked that you've had the short term success that you've encountered. In a week or two you'll be seeing THROUGH stuff. Kinda like Wonder Woman. If I can get some one to even hint that I could totally give up my glasses, I will sell the farm to make it happen. I wonder if I should give "Easy Eddie's Eyeball Repair" a call. He has "On the Spot Financing" available. No money down an 64 years to pay with a measly 47.99% financing. That's the ticket! Great Job Baby. Giter Done!

jennifer said...

Hey! Congrats! I hear it is lifechanging and I am sure you are loving it!