Friday, August 6, 2010

Busted

Umm, hi. Well, yeah, I guess I have been avoiding you. I know, I know - I totally didn't need to do that! It's just that, well, I made such a big deal out of pursuing the 30 Day Shred, and I only made it about 18 days. Then I was kind of embarrassed. But, honestly, it was just making me too tired. You know how moderate workouts actually *generate* energy and make you feel better? Well, really really hard butt-kicking workouts DO NOT. I think it's a fantastic workout, and it does what it's supposed to do. It gets you stronger and leaner really quickly. But, it came down to continuing the workout or being awake to talk to my husband at night. I chose time with my sweetie.

OK - that was four months ago. On to cute things Jackson has done recently:

Last weekend I was upstairs and the boys were downstairs. Jackson heard me drop my blow dryer. He looked up at the ceiling and said, "Uh-OH! Mama!" then dropped his toy car and ran for the stairs. Bryan followed him and took down the baby gate so he could come upstairs and check on me. Couldn't you just eat him up?

On the other side of the bipolar experience of parenting, he's cutting his molars. Which apparently hurt WAY worse than those cute little front teeth. Plus, he's a toddler and being in pain without the verbal skills to express it leads to frustration tantrums. So, it's been loud here from time to time.

On a super serious and sad note, we lost our dear doggy earlier this week. Her name was Tuttle, and she was 11 years old, and had been with us for nine. We were in no way prepared for it, because she'd recently been to the vet and had her annual physical and the bloodwork came back very healthy for a dog of her age. Three weeks later when her leg wasn't healing (what prompted the first vet visit) AND she slowly stopped eating, AND eventually wouldn't move more than absolutely necessary, we took her back to the vet. The x-ray showed small tumors covering her lungs. We were advised that nothing could be done, and after watching her suffer through another day it seemed selfish to let her deteriorate further just because we wanted more time with her.

Since I don't like to end posts on such a serious note, here's something extremely hilarious.

5 comments:

Dorothy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy said...

Dorothy said...
Guess I need one of those moderate workouts! My energy has been at rock bottom. May have something to do with the terrific heat we've been having.....or age:) I totally understand not completing the Shred! I can't count the times I've started something like that and never finished...well, at least you did it for a good while!

So sorry about Tuttle! I know how attached one can get to their dog. Mancill grieved more over the death of our dog than he did some of his relatives!

The Audio Weasel said...

Don't feel bad about it. You made it farther than anyone else I know who tried it. I know one lady who went to days, and after not being able to move on the third morning, she decided to stop.

Sorry to hear about Tuttle *hugs*

D said...

Jennifer, I just stopped by to say what a handsome young lad you have there! You are truly blessed as are Grandma Dorothy and Grandpa Jeep. ;)

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Diana! You've inspired me to wake up my own tired blog and post a few Jackson photos of my own.