Monday, May 5, 2008

Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

Bryan and I are in lovely Puerto Vallarta for a few days. He won it for being such a stud at his job, and I'm just along for the ride, shamelessly soaking up the happy. This is the view from our balcony:

Mountains and ocean at the same time. Sigh.

It's one of those all-inclusive resorts, which has it's perks...

Entertainment center with liqour taps. Sigh.

Don't get me wrong - I don't have a terrible life back home, by any means. But Internet: you just have to trust me. I needed this. This is my first trip to another country where they don't speak English. My one year of high school Spanish is coming back slowly... luckily Bryan took three years. We also happen to be here on Cinco de Mayo, which, so far seems to be one of those holidays that's all about selling more Corona in the states.

It's time for breakfast, so I'll post more later. (Typical, huh? I post barely once a month for six months, go on vacation and post constantly. Therapists call it an "all or nothing" personality. My picture's in the text book next to the definition.) Happy Cinco, you crazy gringos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... I need to go someplace with palm trees, and drinks with little umbrellas in them too....

Bubbernem said...

Don't DRINK THE WATER! BTW it's officially official. I am under the employ of MPB (Mississippi Public Broadcasting). I am Southobound and down as of the 15th of MAY. Where we are going to be living is still up in the air, but I will keep you guys and gals posted. Have a great 5th of May (that's redneck for Cinco De Mayo)!

Anonymous said...

Tell the truth... by "breakfast" did you mean Jose Cuervo?

Dorothy said...

Hi Jenn & Bryan!
I'm so happy that y'all got to take this wonderful trip! There's nothing like a nice get-away to give you a new outlook on life. Be safe and have a great time.
Much love,
Maw Dot