Friday, September 21, 2007

Kitty Abuse

I walked in from work and went straight to the bathroom. When I opened the door I heard a frantic little "mew!" and saw a blur that could only have been my cat escaping from being closed up all day in a 5'x4' half-bath. I realized that was probably about the nine thousandth "mew" she'd uttered that day.

If this were a complete accident it would be easier to forgive myself. Earlier that morning, I was running late for work and Ren ran (say that 3 times fast -ren ran ren ran ren ran) into the tiny downstairs bathroom and refused to come out. My pleading with her only solidified her resolve to stay until physically removed. I didn't have time to coax her out, so I thought I'd shut her in there for a few minutes while I finished packing my lunch. The plan was to humanely communicate the hard reality of being trapped in a small room that apparently looks so glamorous to fiesty kitties-about-town. I would go back two minutes later, open the door, and the aformentioned k-a-t (see what I did there? you like that dont you?) darts out quick as a flash. That was the plan.

Only in my rush I, umm, forgot about the letting her out part. Oops. I just hope she didn't spend her solitary confinement plotting some elaborate revenge. I'm sleeping with one eye open just in case.

No comments: