Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Not Bad News

I've done lots more blog reading that blog writing lately. I've been pooky because, well, you can only tell friends and family you're still jobless so many times before your sparkling personality starts to dim. Believe you me, it's even worse when you don't begin with a sparkling personality. When you start out as me, you turn into Eeyore.

However, last night I got some "not bad" news. In Eeyore's gloomy corner that counts as good news, right? (Not that he'd admit it.)

I made an audition CD and took it to my neighborhood bar on Valentine's Day. My cell number and email address are on the CD label, but I hadn't heard back from them. Last night we went in for dinner and it turns out the owner had just gotten the CD yesterday and plans to listen to it soon.

So, see? Not good news, but not bad - not bad at all. Especially considering my immediate intepretation: she heard it, hated it, and only hesitated to say so fearing the revenue loss from all the expensive beer I buy there. Because it's not a matter of if Eeyore's house will fall down, but simply when.

I have a strong lead on a day job as well. My church's secretary resigned and I gave them my resume last night. It's not rocket science, but it's something I care about and I'll get to design and edit publications here and there. Plus the hours are light, allowing me to work on this crazy music thing at night.

So, there we are. No good news yet, but no bad news either. Who knows, maybe the house won't fall down this time.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

Not that I would say I told you so. 8-) Hey, look the fog from yesterday has literally lifted and it's sunny outside. I guess all is well in whoville...(I couldn't remember the name of Pooh's hometown).

jennifer said...

Good to hear about the leads. i have tried to add comments in the opast, but haven't been successful. This is still very new to me. But you will be glad to know that I have a "MySpace"- www.myspace.com/jddavismusic98. It's not great but it is a start. . . .

Anonymous said...

Pooh lives deep in the Hundred Acre Wood... where Christopher Robin plays. Yes, my head is a warehouse of COMPLETELY useless knowledge.