Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blogging Again

Whatup, everybody? My old coworkers told me I need to blog again (now that I'm jobless) so they can keep up with me and the little dude. Since I always blog more when I'm unemployed, it seemed a completely natural idea. So, we'll start with a round of stream of consciousness randomness. You know, for old times' sake.

I'm annoyed by hearing the names of radio stations or local sports teams in songs on the radio. It makes me cringe. Were artists running out of ways to sell out? Because this is crazy. Changing your poetry? Yeesh.


The first time I heard this "regionalization" was in the Terri Clark song, "I Wanna Do it All." The lyric was "visit Paris in the Fall, watch the [Lakers/Colts/Cubs/Packers] play ball." That was cheesy, but fairly harmless. It seems the new trend is to work local radio stations' call letters into your song. THAT just kind of gives me the willies.

Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

audio_weasel said...

Everybody's gotta find a way to eat, I suppose. It's when it's specifically someone who doesn't need the money that it irks me.

BTW, 'bout time you started this up again. :P

Jennifer said...

Good to see you, Scott! Do you Facebook? If so, friend me.

I gave it some thought before I came out against it... I agree that I would do it in a heartbeat if it were standing between me and a sandwich, but if my songs were getting radio play, I'd probably be o.k. in the sandwich department. Mmmm. Sandwich. I should eat lunch. Thanks for remembering your way to MRF!!!

jennifer said...

yeah! I have missed your posts....