Saturday, November 17, 2007

A New Development

Turns out the barefoot part is entirely optional.

Yes, the line is fairly faint, but a second test confirmed that Bryan and I are expecting our first!

Now you know why I haven't written in a while. I've had almost nothing on my mind besides this, and key family members had to be told before they ran into it on a blog or something. Here's the lowdown: we weren't trying (in the clinical, taking-temperatures-and-charting-stuff sense) we had just stopped preventing. We decided to give nature a year before we started the taking-temperatures-and-charting-stuff routine. I got pregnant in a month. No joke. Bryan's feeling more than a little proud of that.

My first doctor's appointment is Nov. 30th, so I'm waiting. The most rudimentary way to find a due date yields July 4th, but we may know more after visiting the doctor. At this point I feel great, get VERY sleepy at about 9:30, and love love love me some fruit. Mangoes and cantaloupes are heavenly.

I promise to try to write about things other than pregnancy from time to time. I said promise. But I also said try.


5 comments:

Bubbernem said...

Since it is a family tradition to eat when one mourns, and it's a family tradition to eat when one celebrates, It is a distinct possibility that I could weight twooo-fitty by Christmas Day. The sad part is that I was on a downward trend. I think I had actually gotten down to two hunnit again. now I know why 200 is a ROUND number. LMLFAO ! Congratulations! I can't wait to be an uncle again.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What a responsible baby you have there, choosing to make you crave fruit. I assume that any hypothetical offspring of mine would only want fries and Baby Ruths.

Anonymous said...

SQUEEEE!!!

Pregnancy is darn funny stuff. Especially when you're not the pregnant one. Feel free to write aaaaallll about it, and I will laugh and laugh and pray that the stork brings my babies right to the doorstep...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And just so you know--I craved fruit for the first few weeks. I could NOT get enough orange juice or sour apples. But now I'm back to wanting sweets and pizza. Or just anything I can grab. I'm hungry...

Mrs. Cooper said...

The "stop preventing" method is sometimes scary ... I mean, with us, we learned that unless we WANT kids, we better be preventing! Of course, we have a kid now ... so we're back to preventing.