Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mild Abusement

Tonight at McDonald's (which is kind of a splurge-treat these days) I grabbed my drink cup, and Bryan handed me his. I said, "What do you want?" to which he replied, "Diet Coke." As I left the line, he smacked me soundly on the ass.

As I got our drinks, I saw a biker guy from our fair hamlet laugh appreciatively. Next, I noticed my dearly beloved laughing as well.

My thought process: "Hmmm..what's this funny feeling I'm having? I don't mind him asking me to get his drink... we get things for each other a lot. I don't mind him smacking my ass... we do that a lot, too... it's kind of our thing. WAIT - it's the rapid succession of the two events (AND biker guy's response) that triggered the fire behind my eyes!"

Moral: if you ever want your wife to get your Coke again, don't smack her booty in front of an appreciative Harley driver. Then for GOD'S SAKE, don't follow it with a nod and wink.

THE END.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally saw in my mind Bryan wink and nod before I read it! What a ass (I mean it in a loving way)!
Jess