Monday, January 22, 2007

Git-R-Dungy

It's a good time to be a Midwesterner. My home team (the Colts) will battle the team from the way cooler city three hours north (da Bears) in the Superbowl.

I won't write about football much. I'm not very knowledgable and it's only a matter of time before I make an ass out of myself. But what a freaking comeback! Plus, you have to feel good for Peyton. Being touted as the über-talented quarterback who chokes during big games has to wear on your psyche nearly as much as the actual choking. So, hey, rock on. At the end of the game I had to quote the comentator from Dodgeball, "Do you believe in unlikelihood..."

In other news, I sent a résumé to another TV station in an effort to leave no stone unturned. I gotta be honest, I don't have high hopes for it. I'm getting the sense that my long absence from broadcasting coupled with the large market size jump looks risky to employers. However, having this road blocked may be the encouragement I need to take another path. (Apparently, my absence from the biz hasn't been long enough to stop me from beginning paragraphs with "in other news.")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess no one saw the humor in the "Git-R-Dungy" comment. I guess it just goes to show the lack of intellectual benefits of the rest of the world. I personally think it was Sensational. Not because, it was from my baby sister; not because I adore the Colts or Coach Dungy: but, because your hubby despises Peyton Manning! Hehehehehe. Tell him I said "Chili Burgers on the ceiling!

Bryan said...

Oh c'mon, you tell me one more "restaraunt in the world" other than the snack bar at Mt. St. Helens where this conversation would take place...So you mean to tell me that you have a chili dog and a ham-burger, but I can't have a chili-burger? Insert long pause and blank stare from snack bar attendent who was old enough to know better, Well, yes, we only have chili dogs. Not chili burgers. I swear if I ever make to heaven they are going to offer me a chili burger at the pearly gates!!!!

Jennifer said...

Ooh what a feeling....chili burgers on the ceiling...