Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

First things first: I got kinda bored with my blogger template and grabbed another one. I'm not that into pink, but this one seemed cool. Plus, I gots no HTML skillz so I just had to pick one.

I got started on this thankful list over here at Lori's place and decided to add some more here. Perhaps this will become a yearly MRF feature. (Since we're actually a couple months away from my first blogiversary, I feel comfortable speaking all long-term like that.) So, here are a few things for which I'm thankful:

  • My little bun in the oven
  • The sweet man I married who tries not to put his beer near me so I don't get so sad
  • My Dad's new wife who makes him so happy
  • My brothers and their families who I don't get to see often enough
  • Far away friends I don't get to see often enough, but who still talk to me anyway
  • Blogland friends
  • Friends who invite you over for a super fabulous Halloween party of which you keep forgetting to post pictures (thanks Jessica and Marc!)
  • A mysterious huge can of chili beans (more on that in the upcoming belated Halloween photo post)
  • Blog readers and commenters... especially commenters ;)
  • Nutella (If you've never bought a jar of this, it's the yummy stuff in the middle of these and yes, you can buy a whole jar of it! I know, right?)
  • Sparkling grape juice you can pour in a wine glass as a pregnancy "mocktail"
  • Cherry popovers
  • The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
  • The dogshow afterward with the best-of-breeds who never seem quite as great as my dog
  • Clean water, a roof over my head, food, and all the other stuff we're practically swimming in that many folks in the world don't have
  • My eyesight, which came a loooong way to get to perfect thanks to Dr. Lombardo's mad LASIK skillz
  • Friends who invite you over for Thanksgiving and cook so you don't have to (thanks Al and Monique!)

Your turn. Share your list, postpone your diet, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Bubbernem said...

Being mere siblings and stuff, I have to join in on the family thanks sentiments. I too am thankful for your little bun in the oven. But, I have one question. Being originally from the South, wouldn't it be a biscuit?

I am glad that I was able to spend the day with most of my kids yesterday, even though my punkin' creme brulee went down the drain. It is very critical to temper the eggs SLOOOOOOWWWWLLLYYY when making this dish. My version of slow was not quite up to snuff and my custard turned into souffle'.

I am extremely thankful that my business ventures have managed to pay the bills this year and that more ventures are on the horizons.

I am also grateful for this nice chilly weather we are finally having. It has finally frosted in the great NW .

I am also thankful for the guys in the band (The Fern Prairie Strings). I have had the privilege of singing and picking with them for almost a year. We are having our first concert around our one year anniversary to raise money for the church.

I am eternally grateful that we are able to not only express our feelings in public without consequences and repercussions.

Bubbernem said...

P.S. Peter Lee, Skunk Leroy, and Jewel Lyn (a.k.a. Jew Jew) are purtier, sweeter and more gooder than that old mutt of yours! But Tuttle is adorable! Ha! Hey Willie! I kill me!qljvf

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, you must add it as a yearly feature since it represents at least one post a year that you don't have to think too hard about. Ready-made topic.

It's good to know that I'm not the only 30-something still enamored of the parade. It's cheesy, yes, but who ever said cheese was bad? Not I.